Sunday, February 3, 2013

Lentil Stew

Lentil Stew with Kale over Brown Rice


Last night my husband and I had lentil stew for dinner from this recipe!  It was a freezing cold night and stew was on our minds.  I like to steam some kale and mix it in with the stew because the kale soaks up the broth wonderfully and it's always nice to sneak in some more greens.  We get about 6 servings from this dish (it goes farther because he dump each portion over rice). 

If you're feeling slightly under the weather, I highly recommend a batch of this lentil stew.

I recently read in Runner's World that lentils are one of the "best foods to protect your body from damage caused by running" and the article called lentils "a nutritional gold mine".  It doesn't get much better than that!

What is your favorite stew?


 

No comments:

Post a Comment