Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Wednesday Thoughts

Happy Wednesday :)  My workday yesterday was crazy busy, but I love days like that.  Suddenly it goes from 9am to 5pm and it's time to go home, and so much has happened in between.  It's a good feeling.  Also makes me want to crawl into bed at 8:30pm needing sleep!
 
 
Running - This morning I got out of bed nice and early and got in just over a 3 mile run.  It's been almost two weeks without running (being kind to my knees) and wow did it feel amazing to be out there.  I had on way too many layers for 45 degrees, but I really didn't care.  It was my first run in our new neighborhood and I'M SO EXCITED.  There are so many neighborhoods that intertwine and trails in between - it's a runner's dream.  I'm hoping for another shorter run this week and a long one over the weekend.
 
Quick Meals - I made a big batch of lentil stew over the weekend and my husband and I have had that for dinner the last 3 nights.  We add in fresh grains and greens to it each night as a sprinkle of flax oil and it's SO GOOD.  It also makes dinner time super simple.  I'm thinking about a tofu dish for tonight.  I also had a simple meal at lunch yesterday at work - rice, black beans, salsa, guacamole!  It's fantastically delicious and keeps me full.
 
Relaxation - Jax is clearly getting his rest in this week.  I see him stretched out on the bed like that each morning as I'm leaving.  Could he look any more comfortable?  This morning he came and sat by me for a bit while I wrote this post (even though there are still clothes decorating the floor, he didn't seem to mind).
 
Homemade lattes - I've made 3 this week.  Aren't you proud?  It's rewarding really.  I had those coconut chips with the latte.  Talk about a sweet morning snack.
 
Ok, that's my week so far and now I need to get ready for work!
 
How's your week going?

10 comments:

  1. I'm happy for you that your new neighborhood is a runners dream! Having leftovers makes dinners or lunches throughout the week so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I SOOO agree about leftovers! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been doing the homme made latte thing the past two weeks. Now when I get a real one, it's such a treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are more special now right?! And getting one out tastes so deliciously amazing!

      Delete
  3. I wish I had your motivation to get up early and exercise! I know it would make me so much happier... but sleep is just so fantastic! Your dog is sooo cute, I'm not sure how you leave him in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leaving him is tough especially when he gives me those big "I love you" eyes! If I don't get out there in the morning, I just can't after work...gets me reved up for the day really!

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great week and I'm so excited to hear about how much you're going to LOVE your new home! My week is going. Haven't felt like eating healthy OR exercising, but I've met all my goals anyways!

    Congrats again on the new house!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you sticking to your goals anyways! not easy sticking to them especially since I have such a sweet tooth! And thank you about our house :)

      Delete
  5. Glad you are getting settled in ran in your new neighborhood. It's so fun having a change of scenery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly. I haven't run a brand new route in a long time...

      Delete