Saturday, April 20, 2013
I am all about pancakes on the weekend. I have the time to leisurely find a recipe I like...with my homemade latte in hand of course!
I found a pancake recipe I liked online this weekend and then added a few additional ingredients to make it just right.
The ingredient amounts below are enough to make these pancakes for one person; although, I'll admit that my husband got a few bites this morning and Jax got one little bite without syrup.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 tbsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
sprinkling of walnuts
1 cup almond milk
1. Mix all the dry ingredients (except the walnuts).
2. Add in the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
3. Pour the batter onto hot pan (medium heat).
4. Sprinkle the walnuts into the cooking pancakes.
5. Cook about 3 minutes a side or whenever they look ready to be eaten by you!
These are my new favorite pancakes. They were fluffy and dense at the same time and I felt really good about the ingredients. I topped mine with earth balance butter and some organic maple syrup. Now that's a good morning start to the day!
What's your favorite weekend breakfast?