Wednesday, May 29, 2013

May Running Update

It's almost June...wowzers! 

I hope that means consistent sunshine and summer weather ;)

It's time to update you on my training for the September 2013 marathon.  In case you missed it, here's my training plan, and my thoughts on it!  And just in case you're really curious, here are all my posts on running!


Below is what my runs have looked like.  The red numbers are the actual miles I ran.  The purple is what was planned.  There was a minor stomach bug earlier in the month that slowed me down a bit, but really I'm happy with my progress.  I had a great 8 miler last Sunday and I plan to stick to the plan for the rest of the month (that means two 4 mile runs during the week and a long run of 10 miles next weekend!) 


Look out for June's running plan soon =)


As far as cross training on my non-running days, I walk Jax and then walk Jax some more.  That counts as crosstraining right?  Goal wise I'd really like to start doing Pilates again and more biking.  That way I can tell you about better cross training in June.

I'll leave you with a quote from Dean Karnazes, an ultra runner.  If you need a good read, check out Ultramarathon Man

"I run because long after my footprints fade away, maybe I will have inspired a few to reject the easy path, hit the trails, put one foot in front of the other, and come to the same conclusion I did:  I run because it always takes me where I want to go."

So tell me, how has your May been?  Any goals for June?

7 comments:

  1. Wow you motivate me!! My farthest run was a half-marathon and I SO want to do a marathon one day, but I'm so intimidated by one. You rock my socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's totally intimidating, but I think a slow gradual plan makes it way less intimidating and lots of fun! :) You could totally absolutely do one!!!

      Delete
  2. I'm glad your latest long run went well. Sometimes it gets discouraging when back to back long runs fail! I love reading books about ultra runners and athletes. I highly recommend Apolo Anton Ohno's book Zero regrets. It really pushed me to work harder when I was struggling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! Always nice when long runs go well for sure =)

      Delete
  3. First marathon in two years, sounds like a nice big goal that will keep you training this summer! Will your husband run it with you this time?

    ReplyDelete