Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Five Things Tuesday
So I figured the best way to update you was to spit out 5 little updates from my life. Sound good? Also, thank you so much for all your kind words on my 1st Anniversary post!! They were so sweet =)
Here I go on 5 updates:
1. A 16 mile run CAN feel amazing. Honestly, last Friday brought the best run of my life so far. I'm not saying it was easy, but I was feeling wonderful at mile 14. My pace was 8:50! I think that trail running two weekends ago made me stronger! I hope the long runs continue to feel good. I have an 18 miler coming up.
2. Buying my sneakers online is the way to go ($49.99!!!!) - note the 50% off. I spent $140 on my first pair of great running shoes 3 years ago, but now I've learned that I can get the same quality, but cheaper online.
I fell in love with the Nike LunarGlide + 3 and I've had 3 pairs, but in looking at the miles I've put on my shoes, I realized I'm going to need another pair come September. Of course now Nike is on LunarGlide +5 so the ones I love are tough to find, but my husband found them at www.sneakerhead.com. They haven't arrived yet, but I hope they feel fantastic which they should if they are just like my other pairs.
IMPORTANT QUESTION: How many miles do you put on your sneakers before getting a new pair?! I've heard 300-500 miles...thoughts?
3. One year old wedding cake does taste GOOD! My husband and I followed tradition on this one and saved the top layer of our wedding cake to eat on our anniversary. It had been in my parents freezer (thank you!). It paired fantastically with a vegan pizza and coconut milk ice cream along side the cake.
Another cake picture to show you the inside. That raspberry filling held up just lovely.
4. It's worth spending $40 on two pairs of QUALITY running shorts. After running 16 miles in an old cheap pair of running shorts, the band around the waste left me almost with what I would describe as rug burn - and it really hurts! And it's all around my waist. Not cool. Then I thought "Emily, if you are going to make the effort to run 16 miles, you deserve a decent pair of shorts to do it and ones that don't scar your body!" Enter wonderful Nike shorts that are so soft around my waste - WOO HOO!
5. I love family pictures! You probably could have guessed that. This picture was tough getting those pups to both look at the camera. But for a moment, they did it. Each of our parents graciously offered to take a pup so we could go away for the weekend. It was strange being without the dogs, but we were so happy they were in good homes over the long weekend.
Again, how many miles do you put on your running sneaks before getting a new pair?
What is a goal of yours for August?