Thursday, September 19, 2013

Jumping Into Autumn

Hi there!


So Sunday is the first official day of fall.  That’s exciting stuff.  This weekend I plan to bake some muffins – I’ve got a zucchini that I need to use and I want to try this pumpkin chocolate chip muffin recipe I have, but instead of using white sugar, I want to use date sugar.  Not sure how they will turn out, but man I would love if they are still super delicious, especially without that white sugar (garbage).  If the muffins turn out tasty, you’ll definitely be hearing about them.


I made a pumpkin pie shake last weekend and had high hopes that it would be amazing, but I wasn’t too pleased with it.  It tasted too much like I was just drinking a can of pumpkin.  Starbucks still has me seriously beat when it comes to their pumpkin frappuccino, which I have not had yet this year.  Still waiting until October… I’m proud to say that I have not once gone to Starbucks in September – taking full advantage of my Mr. Coffee Latte Maker and Keurig Coffee Machine at home.  I probably should just buy some pumpkin flavored syrup because then I really can make my lattes completely at home while getting in the fall spirit, minus the steep price tag.


I’ve also gotten back into reading recently.  I go through phases where I’ll be hooked on running books, cooking books, vegan books, but right now I’m reading Divergent.  Have you read it?  If so, don’t share anything beyond page 88 because that’s where I am.  It’s really good so far.  I like that there are two other books in the series too.

I went on the elliptical this morning and I plan to do Tracy Anderson’s Mat Workout DVD again this weekend as well as try a run.  I haven’t felt any true serious pain on the runs I’ve attempted, but I still feel tightness on the outside of my knee so I stop.  I’m sure I could run through it, but I don’t want to make anything worse.  We’ll see how things go!  There are a few races coming up throughout October that I’d love to run, but it all depends where my IT band issue stands.  I have a bunch of exercises I do daily – let me know if any of you are interested in them because I thought of doing a post to show what I’ve been doing.

I hope you have a great weekend as we jump into fall!

What’s your favorite fall coffee type drink?  What are you reading right now?

  

1 comment:

  1. Currently reading: Tread Lightly (Peter Larson & Bill Katovsky) and (because who can stop at just one book?) Flight Behavior (Barbara Kingsolver)

    ReplyDelete