Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Five Things in My World

I basically just wanted to share with you a few little things in my life right now because you might enjoy them too!  Are you experiencing chilly weather?  My walk with the dogs this morning was a cold one, but I bundled up so it felt refreshing.  This morning I broke out the headband ear warmer.  Wow does it make a difference when your ears aren’t cold!


I came back from the walk and had a new flavor of tea that came into my life over the weekend.  My husband was introduced to it at a friend’s house over the weekend (thank you lovely lady, you know who you are) and now I’m hooked.  The brand is Rishi Tea and the flavor is Silver Need Jasmine.  I find it to be a very relaxing tea.  I also love that it’s organic.  I’ll warn you, it’s definitely not cheap (we paid close to $15 for the box of loose leaf), but going to Starbucks isn’t cheap either, so I figure this is still a better deal.  I found it in the Nature’s Market section at Wegmans.

My Mom gave me a lot of the Simply balanced organic fruit strips.  I’ve been told you can get them at Target.  Sometimes at work I just want something sweet and this does the trick.  It’s kind of like a fruit rollup, but organic and better for you.  And then I’ve been having more fun tea as well.  I believe I received that Serengeti Team Company Earl Grey tea sample in a Vegan Cuts Box (check out the Vegan Cuts Snack Box – so fun!).  Definitely a fun alternative from the typical tea bag.

Oh this book – The Food Revolution -is rocking my mind.  I’m only ¼ of the way through and every page I read I’m blown away.  As you can tell I’m really into reading about the power of a plant-based diet, so this kind of literature completely intrigues me.  I love it.  However, I truly believe this book appeals to the masses and I encourage you all to read it.

I made Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes last night for my husband to take to a work conference today.  Those lucky teachers.  Of course I had to try one to make sure they were delicious.  No worries, they were.

And lastly, I had celery and that homemade vegan peanut butter cup for breakfast Monday morning.  Well I started my day with Yerba Mate tea and I had an appointment really early, so I didn’t eat breakfast until I got to work, and that snack food just looked good.  I went back and forth between a celery stick and a peanut butter cup bite.  Thank goodness we gave the rest of the peanut butter cups away to friends over the weekend!

So there you have it, a few things from my world.

Are you a fan of tea?  What’s your favorite?

7 comments:

  1. I am such a big tea fan. I love the way it can calm you down or perk you up...all from a tea bag. Those peanut butter cups are calling my name. I must make a batch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that we're learning more about you! I am a tea addict and have a pretty epic collection of teas. Choosing which tea to drink in the morning is probably the hardest decision of my day lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. How did you defile those delicious peanut butter cups by alternating them with bites of celery?!?!

    [On the other hand,the only way I find celery palatable is in egg or chicken salad OR smothered in peanut butter, so maybe it's not that strange after all...?]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tea obsessed! I will try any tea at least once. Especially now that it's cold - tea is my thing every day.

    I would LOVE some pumpkin cupcakes! Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm reading a John Grisham book but I'll but that book on deck. Celery and peaut butter cups is an interesting breakfast!!! P.S your last post on your puppies made me very happy. I wish I had a dog :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always so fun getting to know bloggers a bit better through posts. I am quite jealous your husband & his co-workers got to try your cupcakes. They sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those fruit strips! I get them all the time. I like to leave a couple in my purse for when I almost buy candy (which happens like 12 times a day!)

    ReplyDelete