Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Pregnancy Journey - 25 Weeks

Hey!

Here I am again with updates of another week.  I'm not a huge fan of cauliflower, but it certainly makes me super happy to think that baby boy is the size of one! Onto the updates...



Body:  I think it's allergies, but I was feeling pretty yucky last Wednesday.  My sinuses really hurt and I just felt tired.  I had miso soup broth (1 cup water, 1 cup vegetable broth, 1.5 tsp. miso dissolved into the broth) a few mornings though and I really think it made me feel better.  I was still a bit congested the remainder of the week, but feeling better.  The weather has been so sporadic between nice days and cold days, and that makes my seasonal allergies a bit crazy.  I was sneezing like crazy over the weekend as well.  I can certainly deal with that. 



Otherwise, I really have been feeling great!  My belly is growing and I'm loving it.  There were a few nights when my skin felt a bit itchy.  I probably just need to use more lotion though.



Cravings: Real food.  My sweet tooth comes and goes.  I'll be starving and then I'll go to eat and find I get full quicker, but I have to eat frequently.  Veggies, fruit, grains, beans, tofu, my morning shakes, bagels with tofutti - it all sounds delicious to me.  

Some eats:  Sunflower Mac (made of sunflower seeds, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, cornstarch, onion, garlic, lemon juice), fresh pineapple, Red-Hot Tempeh BLTs, and vegan chocolate chip cookies!
  
Sleep:  No big complaints.  I fall asleep quite quick at night.  I'm definitely ready for sleep each night!  I woke up several nights between 2AM and 4AM, but luckily I fell back asleep within an hour.  I have found that getting comfortable is more difficult.  I constantly switch from my left to right side through the night and still wake up on my back occasionally.  Extra pillows definitely help support my back. 

Best Moments:  Feeling our baby move (as always)!  My husband has been able to feel his kicks several times in the last week.  I feel him move sometimes early in the morning, often during the workday and before bed, and many times during the night if I wake up.  I have a feeling he's a little night owl right now.

On Friday, since my husband was off from work, we met for lunch at a Mexican restaurant by my office.  It made the Friday workday so much better.  And I got this killer salad!  Yeah, I could definitely eat that everyday.



  I've also been doing some reading from Everything Green Baby.  Pregnancy has opened my eyes even more to the world of chemicals that exist in our foods, cleaning products, body products, etc., and it's important to me to use natural products.  Presently, I use products from The Honest Company and I really like the shampoo, conditioner, dish soap, and lotion.  I want to do my best to not expose our baby to all these nasty chemicals that exist in so much stuff today.  I want to be as green as I can.  I've been registering for bath products and diapers from brands like Seventh Generation, Earth's Best, and Burt's Bees.  I would like to cloth diaper, but I do not foresee starting out that way; only because I've heard it's difficult in the very beginning, but we'll see. I've read good things about bum genius cloth diapers.  Please let me know your thoughts on any of the above brands/products.  Especially any thoughts on cloth diapering is appreciated!

Last weekend my husband and I went through all the newborn hand-me-down clothes we were given from my sister-in-law and mother-in-law.  We sat in the baby's room and looked through some little kid books as well.  We talked about becoming parents.  It was a really nice afternoon.

Cooking quinoa and spinach dish which I dumped this tahini sauce over.  Lincoln tried really hard to get into this picture!

 The whole weekend was relaxing.  I cooked a lot, trying new recipes.  I woke up at 5AM on Saturday morning hungry!  I was thinking about all the food I wanted to make.  We grocery shopped, spent time outside with the dogs, my husband planted flowers in the front yard, and we watched That 70's Show and Cosmos reruns.  On Sunday, we hung out on our deck for a bit because the sun was out.  Thank you Mr. Sun.    


My husband caught this picture yesterday of me being all motherly and trying to get the pups to sit.  However, they were crazy-out-of-their-minds-excited to go for a walk, so that just wasn't happening. 

  Goals:  Spring has got to be here for good soon.  At least I really hope so.  I want to walk daily.  I had goals of running and I'm not throwing those out the window, but I'm going to just see how it goes.  I definitely have an itch to run; however, power walks are refreshing.

Also, I want to completely finish cleaning out the baby's room this week and organize.  We're almost there!  Just need to get our books and my shoes out of there and it's ready - well, ready for baby stuff!

 My baby shower is in 2 weeks and I can hardly believe it.  I'm so excited!

2 comments:

  1. I've eaten so much fresh pineapple since being pregnant. I can't seem to get enough! As far as cloth-diapering goes, we plan to do it. But multiple cd mamas recommended using disposable diapers when baby it first born, just for a few weeks, mainly because of the 'gross' factor of newborn poo and its tendency to stain the cloth diapers. After that, though, baby should be fine. I simply registered for all of our bumgenius cloth diapers and then added a pack or two of Earth's Best disposable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips! That's basically what I plan as well. Oh man fresh pineapple is the best!!!

      Delete