Friday, October 3, 2014

Five Vegan Lunches

Hi there!

I typically do not have the opportunity to cook at lunchtime because I work in a law office. However, because I am home on maternity leave right now, I have my stove and oven to use all I want.  Also, I have my refrigerator which I stock full of whole foods each weekend.  Therefore I am taking full advantage of being able to make fantastic vegan lunches each day.  That's not to say that eating a vegan lunch at work isn't easy, but for me it usually involves leftovers, sandwiches, or salads, and occasionally takeout.  But now that I look at what I ate all week, that's still what I had!  I did use my oven and stove a bit though.   

I get many meal ideas from other bloggers, so I thought it would be helpful to share what I've been lunching on to give my readers ideas and hopefully show that eating a plant-based meal is simple and delicious.

Here are some lunches lately:

1 - Sandwich made from Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted whole-grain bread with avocado, tomato, spinach, and Vegenaise


2 - Roasted butternut squash and with garlic mixed with baby spinach and short grain brown rice


3 - Leftover tempeh (from Red Hot BLT dinner night before) over spinach with Vegenaise for dipping, and side of brown rice (leftover) mixed with olive oil, basil and tomatoes


4 - Salad from restaurant. Romaine topped with strawberries, walnuts, and balsamic with raspberry vinaigrette on the side.  I also had a side of sweet potato fries.


5 - Udon noodle stir fry with broccoli and tofu (recipe here). I actually made this for dinner, but I always make extra so there is a lunch portion the next day.


There you have it, five days worth of lunches.  When I dived into vegan eating five years ago I had no idea what to eat and I certainly had no clue how to cook.  Now, I love trying new foods and new recipes.  It's opened my eyes to the beauty of whole foods and how fantastic it makes me feel.

Let me know if you like these kinds of posts and I'll keep sharing my weekly eats. 

P.S. Check out that run I logged on the right side over there.  Yup, two miles happened yesterday!  It wasn't easy, but after 11 months off and having a baby I didn't expect it to be.  It was fun though.  I'm resting today and hoping to get back out there on Sunday. 

Have a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your food looks so good! It's not even 10:30 and I got hungry looking at it... the life of a breast-feeding mama. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love seeing what other people are eating! I get in pretty big ruts (and honestly mostly eat some kind of Mexican food...) so it's a nice way to get inspired.

    ReplyDelete