Thursday, January 22, 2015

My (New) Favorite Pancakes: Simple Banana Flax Pancakes

Hey hey hey!

Recipe sharing time and it is a really good one.  I'm a pancake enthusiast.  I had ripe bananas that needed be used over the weekend and boy did I put them to good use.  Twice!  I've posted a bunch of pancakes over the last few years and these are truly my new favorite.  They are husband-approved as well.  

They taste like dessert, but full of healthy goodness.  My pictures don't do them justice.  It was the wee early hours of the morning.  Sage does not believe in sleeping in on the weekends and therefore neither do I, but I do believe in lots of pancakes!


Aren't they pretty?  Yes, pancakes can be pretty.


I knew they were going to taste great just by the look of the batter.


The recipe makes four medium pancakes which fed both my hubby and I as they are pretty filling.  They were my early breakfast.  I had a shake a few hours later.

Ingredients:

1 ripe banana
1 cup vanilla soy milk (or whatever kind you fancy)
2 tbsp. ground flax
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt 
1/4 cup chocolate chips (if using)

1. In a bowl mash the banana with the milk and ground flax.  Then add the rest of the ingredient to the bowl and stir until mixed.

2.  Heat pan over medium heat and grease (I used a tsp. of coconut oil).

3. Once the pan is heated, pour the batter (I make two pancakes at a time on my pan).  Let batter sit for three minutes or until bubbling and flip.  Cook for another three minutes or until golden.

4.  Enjoy!  


They tasted like banana bread, and with melted earth balance and maple syrup on top, oh delish!

Other recent pancake recipes:



What's your favorite kind of pancake? 

2 comments:

  1. I am pancake obsessed. I WILL be making these soon :) I love banana in pancakes too. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about pancakes! They're just the perfect vessel food. I'm banana obsessed lately, so these sound pretty perfect right now.

    ReplyDelete