Sunday, August 16, 2015

My New Journey: From Starbucks to Shakeology

Hey hey hey!

I hope you had a fantastic weekend.  My weekend was filled with celebrating Sage's first birthday.  He got two cupcakes this weekend and new toys so I'm pretty sure he'd agree that it was awesome.  We also picked up our pup, Jax, from my parents house after not seeing him for three weeks.  We missed him!  My parents watched Jax while we were on vacation and we haven't been able to make the trip to get him until now.  But now here I am writing this post in bed and I've got Jax sleeping at my feet.  That's why we have a king size bed afterall.

I want to bring you up to speed on my new endeavor.  I'm going to share it from the start.  Full disclosure along the way because I think that's the best way to do it.
  


I'm really excited to announce that I'm now a Beachbody Health Coach.  

You may have heard of Beachbody, Shakeology, or one of the fitness programs like 21 Day Fix, CIZE or P90X.  I remember hearing about P90X years ago and how hardcore it was.  Or maybe you have no idea what I'm talking about and that's cool too!  

If you've been following me for a while, it's probably quite obvious that I have a huge passion for living life at its best.  I eat plant-based, whole foods because they make me feel like a superhero.  I don't count calories or restrict myself.  I eat real, delicious foods that satisfy me.  I'm a runner and I used to run a lot, but since having a baby I haven't been running nearly as much.  I plan to get back into race mode eventually.  I'm a mama, wife, and I work full-time.  I've been wanting to do something in the realm of health and fitness for a long while.  I started Love A Latte as a means to share the day-to-day and I'm looking forward to sharing my Beachbody experience in the mix.

It just sort of happened.  My husband was chatting with one of his friend's from high school and came to find out she was a Beachbody Coach.  She shared how Shakeology and the fitness programs changed her life.  This wasn't the first time I'd heard this sort of story.  I'm a big fan of Instagram and I've seen this many times.  I also gave Shakeology (chocolate vegan flavor) a try close to a year ago just after Sage was born.  I remember the pamphlet on becoming a coach and glancing at it, but life was so busy with our newborn baby that I didn't give it a thought.  I just drank the shake and time went by.  I've come into my own as a mama now and I've got more time to focus on my passions.  Or maybe it's just that I'm not so sleep deprived lately that I can see them more clearly.  Basically this opportunity presented itself and I jumped on top of it.  I've purchased a challenge pack that includes Shakeology and the CIZE fitness program, and I can't wait to get started!  My husband is going to join me along the way too.  And just today my brother jumped on board and ordered Shakeology and Beachbody On-Demand.  

So why did I decide to be a Beachbody Coach?  

I'm inspired by helping others feel their best by living a healthy lifestyle.

Life is not perfect.  It's filled with good and bad days and I believe in giving my best each day.  I want to do everything in my power to be kind to my body so I can be the happiest and healthiest version of me.  

I want to help others in their fitness and health goals.

I'm not a nutritionist or a doctor, but I'm a knowledgable health enthusiast excited to share my journey and help others.  I'll share my journey in a post later this week, so be on the lookout for that!

...

I'm saying goodbye to my Starbucks habit (don't worry, not entirely) and bringing on the Shakeology.  If I had to bet, I think my body is going to thank me.  I'll be diving into the CIZE fitness program, so I'll be sharing how that goes down too.

Maybe some of this resonates with you.  Maybe you've been wanting a good kick to jump into a new fitness program.  Maybe you just want to start eating better and you need somewhere to start.  Or maybe you're just as curious as I am about all this Beachbody stuff.

That's what's going on in my world.  I'd love if you want to join in.  We could drink our shakes and get our fitness groove on together.  It's going to be fun, I swear!

Email me at lovalatte1@gmail.com if you're interested and want to chat.

Tell me something about your life lately...

1 comment:

  1. Excellent explanation - and I think it is awesome that you are able to pursue your passion. I definitely think you will do great - you always share a thoughtful passion on your blog and really feel that will translate well!

    For me, busy with my wife a few months into a new job, one boy entering senior year in HS, the other about to ship off to NYU to story film! Whew! My running is great - have had something already planned for every weekend where there was a local race so I haven't done too much racing these last couple of years - but since I ran for 23 years before my first race, no biggie! :)

    ReplyDelete