Friday, February 1, 2013

Running

 
 
This week, I have felt so busy and it's really easy to blame being busy on not getting another run in.  But the truth is I woke up this morning at 6:00am and I could have gotten to the gym by 6:20am, and run run run, but my mind said otherwise.  I think I just needed a break.  I know that sounds like another excuse because I could always get busier and then getting a run in would just get harder.
 
However, I think it's important not to beat myself up when the run doesn't happen.  It's no fun for me if I guilt trip myself and it won't make the day any better.  Sometimes runs just don't happen.  I'm a planner.  I could plan out each morning and say exactly when each run will happen, but that's just not how life works.
 
Instead, I'm going to enjoy my tea (& writing to you) and not beat myself up over a missed run.
 
How do you feel when you miss a run? 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment