Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Wednesday Thoughts

Happy Wednesday!  I hope the beginning of the week has brought you delightful food, laughter, some activity and relaxation.  Wednesday is the perfect day to take notice as to how my week is progressing and what has been notable.  A few things that illustrate my week so far are:


Drives with my husband – Last weekend we drove to visit with family.  It’s about a 2 hour drive, but it goes by quick.  I love road trips especially if the roads are clear and the weather is cooperative.  It’s fun to get a latte for the road as well as snacks, sing overly loud to my favorite songs, and spend quality time with my husband and pup. 

Corn puffs with sliced banana in almond milk – I’ve been eating this like every night this week.  It’s my go to night time snack.  These organic corn puffs in almond milk taste like sweet popcorn and adding a banana is just an extra bonus.

Grilled cheese (made with daiya!) – On Sunday evening, on our drive back home, my husband and I were getting pretty hungry and made the spontaneous decision to stop at the Vegan CafĂ© by my work.  What a great choice!  My husband had never been there so it was a little adventure.  He ordered a tofurky club with the works and I got a grilled cheese with tomato.  Hands down the best grilled cheese I’ve ever had.  Since Sunday I’ve literally thought about it at least once a day.  So much so that I went to my grocery store and bought daiya cheese and Ezekiel bread so I could make some homemade grilled cheese.  We also shared a bowl of black bean soup and for dessert a mint chocolate milkshake and brownie – all vegan!  That was my sugar splurge.


Walks with my dog in this winter weather – Winter has returned this week.  I did my first true winter run last Saturday.  It was right around 30 degrees and I was bundled up!  I never was freezing, but I also never got to the point where I wanted to shed any layers.  The sidewalks were a bit icy in spots, but it was ridiculously nice to just be out in the world rather than on the treadmill.  My dog loves the snow.  I think he likes running around in the snow better than anything else.  He sprints, takes a bite of snow, sprints some more – has an absolute blast.  We have gotten in a few good walks before work this week and even though my hands were freezing, I was happy to be outside with my pup.

That’s my week so far...  What’s been your favorite food this week?  Any favorite days?

7 comments:

  1. Your grilled cheese looks and sounds amazing! I wish there were more vegan (or even just vegan friendly, without ending up with just a plate of veggies) near me. There are two, but they're a bit of a drive and mostly only open for lunch.

    I made a clam-less potato chowder the other day and I can't stop thinking about it. Oyster mushrooms = SO good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds great - I love mushrooms!! I know I hate when it's just veggies too...This place is by a college so it has crazy hours open until midnight I think!

      Delete
  2. Bananas and almondmilk- a match made in heaven:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Vegan restaurants are the best. That grilled cheese looks insanely good. It's been forever since I had one of those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made another homemade one last night haha!

      Delete
  4. I wish I had more by me too! That vegan cafe is the only one I've found so far. Vegetarian BLT - yum!

    ReplyDelete