Monday, May 6, 2013

Work hard. Eat goodies.

Hello!
 
Sorry I missed you Friday.  The day came and went quick and I was so excited to be outside because it's been gorgeous - 70's and sunny like the last week... yippee!
 
Here's what's been going on in my life...My husband and I have officially started our garden!!!  We are trying to grow kale, lettuce, sunflowers, spinach, rosemary, sage, strawberries... Let's just say we bought a lot of seeds and we've almost lost track of it all ;)
 
 
On Saturday, we went to the Farmers Market.  This is only the second time I've been and it was thrilling.  I think I got all of that produce below for no more than ten dollars - woo! 
 
 
 We also bought flowers and lots of kale starter plants.  And when I spotted that energy cookie, of course I had to try it.  It was delicious, but I kept thinking how a splash of chocolate would have made it perfect!
 
 
I had two tofu quinoa burgers this weekend.  They just were so tasty, I couldn't resist having another. 
 
 
 
Sunday night was that veggie hotdog (yes, more sweet potato fries - I'm hooked) and a killer salad.
 
 
And I had strawberries for the first time this season!  I wasn't sure if they would be any good, but they were surprisingly sweet and wonderful.  We ate the whole container in a day - no judgment :)
 
 
Sunday passed in a sunny blur of yard work all day, lots of grilled yums (inside grilling - hoping to get a real grill next weekend!) and some relaxation.  I'm not going to lie, I feel as tired from doing yard work as I did from my half marathon last weekend!
 
 
 
Get ready for tomorrow because that's when Marathon training begins!
 
What's your favorite fruit and vegetable? How was your weekend?


6 comments:

  1. I got my garden started this weekend too! I have a limited amount of sun in my yard, so I planted some of the prettier veggies (like kale and broccoli) in the front yard. My neighbors are going to think I'm so weird! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha too funny! That sounds awesome though - let me know he they grow!

      Delete
  2. I got through strawberries like it's nobody's business! And i've been eating a lot of cantaloupe lately. I'm so happy summer(ish) weather has finally arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your food looks SO good, especially those burgers and the veggie dog! Vegetarians and vegans eat GOOD "grilling out" food, too! Oh, and do not even get me started on how amazing those fries look... ;)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally!!! Oh fries... Can't get enough of them!

      Delete