Sunday, July 7, 2013

Eats and a Longer Run

Howdy!
 
Wow does vacation fly by.  I had 4 days off and somehow it jumped from Wednesday to Sunday in a flash.  But it's been a wonderful 4 days.  It's been so nice sleeping in (I actually slept in until 8:30 most days which is AWESOME for me); although, it did make for very hot runs because I wasn't getting out as early as I should have. 
 
I made pancakes twice.  I've been using 1/3 cup hazelnut flour and 1/3 cup whole wheat flour in my recipe and they have been delicious.  I added some berries just for fun too!
 
 
Here are some other delicious eats from the last few days...homemade burrito, udon noodle tofu and broccoli stir fry, Tofutti ice cream cone (crazy good!), a protein shake post run this morning, and a few more pancakes...
 
 
I ran 7.29 miles this morning - 84 degrees and humid humid humid!  It basically rains here everyday and the humidity just sticks with us.  Thank goodness I found some shady areas to run through for a portion of the run.  I drank close to 30 ounces of water on this run and had a mocha gel at mile 3.  I ate a banana with peanut butter prior to my run.  At mile 5.4 my husband dumped water on my head as I ran by the house - it felt heavenly!
 
I really need to start getting in longer runs.  I'm just going to have to get up early to get them in before work.  Once I'm up it's easy to get running, it's just that whole climbing out of bed at 5 o'clock thing that is a bit tougher.  Ok, time to go chill with the pups :) 
 
I hope you had a great weekend!
 
Are you dealing with crazy humidity too?  What was your favorite food from the weekend?
 


4 comments:

  1. Hazelnut flour sounds amazing! I definitely need to find some of that because I have a feeling that it makes pancakes taste even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love that your husband dumped water on your head! That's so awesome! I might have to trick my husband into doing that for me ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hazelnut flour in pancakes? AMAZING. Need to get on that asap! Your weekend sounds fabulous. Love that your hubby dumped water on you :) If that isn't love then I don't know what is lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never used hazelnut flour before but those pancakes look delicious!
    I love that your husband dumped water on your head in the middle of your run too! I bet that helped you regain some energy, haha. I'll have to remember that one.

    ReplyDelete