Sunday, October 20, 2013

Halloween Candy (Cruelty-Free & Animal Friendly!)

Hey!


It is crazy fall awesomeness out there today.  Leaves everywhere, wind singing, and cold air blowing.  I love it.  My husband and I just put this delicata quash stuffed with apple and cinnamon into the oven.  The Macrobiotic Counselor had made this for us last week and it was beyond delicious.  I tried to replicate it yesterday, but accidentally used spaghetti squash, and it was no good.  The smell is starting to fill the house.  YUM!


Last night I did some rearranging to our office.  It used to have the elliptical in it, but that kind of took away from the feng shui I wanted for the room.  So the elliptical is getting moved down to the basement and a big comfortable chair took it's place.  Much better!

The point of my story is that I was laying around with Jax in the big comfy chair this morning, reading my Vegan Living book, and I came across an animal-friendly candy list.  Perfect time to share this with you with Halloween right around the corner.  Candy being sugary sweet, obviously it's not a health food, but we can make cruelty-free choices when handing out candy (or eating it yourself) this Halloween.  Jump over here to see some of the really gross things that sometimes gets into candy.

So make a happy decision this Halloween by choosing to handout animal friendly candy for the kiddies!  Here is a list of cruelty-free candy.

Airheads taffy
Blow Pops
Brach's Cinnamon Hard Candy
Charms lollipops
Cracker Jack
Cry Babies
Dem Bones
Dots
Dum-Dums
Fireballs
Goldenberg's Peanut Chews
Hubba Bubba bubblegum
Jolly Ranchers (lollipops and hard candy)
Jujubees
Jujyfruits
Lemonheads
Mambas
Mary Janes (regular and peanut butter kisses)
Now and Later
Pez
Ring Pop lollipops
Smarties (U.S. Brand)
Sour Patch Kids
Super Bubble
Swedish Fish
Sweet Tarts
Tropical Source mini chocolate bags
Twizzlers
Zotz

Have a great rest of your weekend!


What's your favorite candy from the list above?



8 comments:

  1. Have you ever been able to find candy corn without gelatin? I have a major craving for it but can't find any! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen recipes for homemade candy corn that are vegan, but never store bought - bummer!!

      Delete
  2. I am a sucker for the green apple jolly ranchers. I'm kind of hoping no one buys them for halloween because I have a hard time not eating them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya! I can't keep that sweet stuff in my house or it disappears haha

      Delete
  3. Yay! Another excuse to eat Sour Patch Kids! ;-) Definitely my favorite off the list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loveee them too! Happy almost Halloween! Hope the move is going well =)

      Delete
  4. Hmm, from that list I would probably choose Sweet Tarts. Though I'm with Davida, I try to choose candy to give out that I won't be tempted to snack on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting, Mary :) You should definitely have at least a few Sweet Tarts this Halloween haha :)

      Delete