Sunday, February 9, 2014

5 Happy Foods from Grocery Shopping

Hey there!

We just got back from running some errands and now I'm posting about 5 things I'm excited to eat this week.  Do you ever grocery shop and get extra happy about your food for the week?  I really like to grocery shop.  I love a kitchen full of delicious, healthy, happy food.

This morning I started my day with Ezekiel 4:9 toast with Tofutti and jam on top.  And that's a glass of Dark Chocolate Almond Milk.  So good.  Great way to start a Sunday.


My husband needed a haircut, so while he went to the salon, I went to the grocery store.  We shop at Wegmans for the most part.  I just love that store.  They sent me (not just me, I'm sure tons of other customers too) all these coupons for their organic products.  Smart move on their part because I jumped right all over that.  Three of the 5 things I'm featuring below were bought because (1) they are delicious foods and (2) I had a coupon.  Woohoo!


Let's start off by talking about that baby spinach!  In cold weather, I don't really crave salads, but I love to saute greens with garlic and a little olive oil along side meals.  I already know this is going to pair perfectly with a tofu dish.

And that rice above will be the perfect base for that tofu dish and greens.  We've only had instant rice in the house the last week or so and I have really been wanting some good rice.  I've been doing lots of Macrobiotics reading too which further inspires me to get more brown rice in my life.  Really having it daily would be ideal.



Moving onto breakfasts.  Oatmeal is my go-to breakfast lately.  I like to throw stuff in my oatmeal - not so much a fan of eating it plain.  Last week it was pecans, now those almonds will rock.  A great extra kick to get me going for the day.


These Animal Cookies were a brand new buy this week.  The coupon totally inspired this purchase and I'm glad!  They are delicious.  They remind me of those animal crackers from the little red box that I would get when I was little.  Only these are healthier - bonus!  I had a handful of these as soon as we got home and I know they'll make a great afternoon snack during the workweek.  


Last, but certainly not least, is the Thai Peanut Sauce.  So I know it's very easy to make my own sauce, but this sauce is just so tasty (and convenient) that it sucks me in.  It's delicious.  This will make a quick and nutritious dinner this week (with leftovers).  I'll use rice noodles, broccoli, and tofu and then cover in in this sauce.  Perfection.


The dogs might not have had nearly as much fun as I did at the grocery store this morning.  Time to take them for a run in the snow!

Have a great rest of your weekend!

What food are you most excited about this week?

1 comment:

  1. I always get home from the grocery store ready to devour everything I just bought -- looks like a week of tasty food!

    ReplyDelete