Friday, November 21, 2014

Holiday Spirit + Cookbook Gift Ideas

Hi there!

I got a 6 1/2 hour stretch of sleep last night; therefore, I'm feeling energized like I can do anything!  Sage hasn't slept that long in at least a week, so I am very thankful.  I was so spunky this morning that I decided to dress Sage up for the day.  I know, I know...it's not even Thanksgiving, but I couldn't resist.  And clearly Sage didn't mind.


It's that time of year when everyone starts running around like crazy looking for gifts.  This year we are keeping it very simple at our house.  I got a treadmill (which is really more a family gift) and my husband got a weight bench.  We went with what we really wanted and needed.  We also did some outlet mall shopping a few weeks back where I got a new purse and my husband some sneakers.  Some years we go crazy with gift buying, but this year we're trying to save, and really baby Sage is the greatest gift of all.  


TREADMILL IS ON THE WAY!!!

That being said, if you know someone who likes to cook/bake and needs some cookbook inspiration, here are a few of my favorite cookbooks that would make great gifts.  I've linked them all to Amazon for easy purchase.  They are all vegan, but trust me even if the person you're shopping for is a meat eater, these recipes will satisfy!








I haven't mentioned it much, but my poor pup Jax has had a really rough time adjusting to baby Sage being around.  He used to be the spoiled baby of the family and he just doesn't get the same amount of attention that he used to, but we tryyy.  I can tell he's just a bit sad.  I tried to cheer him up today by taking a selfie with him, but that didn't seem to do the trick, so we just cuddled instead while Sage napped.  I love you so much, Jax!


Tomorrow I am getting an eye exam that is extremely overdue and new glasses!  I'll still wear the old ones, but it would be very nice to have an extra pair just in case something were to happen to the one pair I have and which my seeing clearly heavily relies upon.  Besides that, I hope to just relax with family and cook a bunch this week.  I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week.  I'm making this sweet potato casserole.  It looks delish!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

What are your plans?

What's your favorite cookbook?

2 comments:

  1. We usually set a low dollar amount to spend on gifts. Like $20 low. I think it's fun to go over board, but we buy whatever we want all year, so this is just more practical for us. I love the thought of getting a stack of cookbooks this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isa is awesome! I should add her cookbook to my list!

    ReplyDelete