Thursday, November 20, 2014

Winter Wonderland + Sage Cuteness

Hey!

Is it snowing by you?  The ground is a beautiful white here.  It's just flurrying right now.  I made the mistake of not putting my car in the garage last night so I get to brush it off later.  Learned my lesson.  I'm functioning on more sleep that I was a few days ago.  Sage has gotten me up at 2AM and 5AM the last two nights, so at least I got a solid 4 hour stretch to start me out.  Before that I had like three nights when I was up every two hours.  I was really starting to feel crazy and emotional.  It's amazing what just a little extra sleep will do for your mental health.  Thank you, Sage.  I still don't know where my 5-7 hour stretches of sleep disappeared to, but I will now take a 4 hour stretch any day!


This morning when Sage woke up I put him on my pillow for a few minutes because he likes to stare up at the light and fan.  Such happiness.


We then got up for the day while my husband was getting ready for work.  I've been making my husband and I smoothies every morning.  This morning's smoothie was organic chocolate soy milk  + chia seeds + oats + almond butter + spinach + banana + ice.  So tasty!  Smoothies are the perfect breakfast if I want to multitask.  I can feed Sage and get my breakfast at the same time.  It's a win-win.


I'm working on letting Sage fall asleep more on his own rather than me always rocking him.  Just now he played in his crib looking at the mobile for about 30 minutes, I heard him start to get fussy, I swaddled him, and he immediately fell asleep.  Now I just need to work on him sleeping without being swaddled.  Mamas:  Any suggestions?

Today I want to make these festive brownies.  Peppermint Black Bean Brownies - yes please!  I'm yet to make a black bean brownie where I can't taste the black beans and I really like them, but I have full faith that these are going to be incredible.  I've also got a few Thanksgiving recipes I wanted to test out, but I'm not sure I'll get around to that today.    

Sage is going to the babysitter's for an hour this afternoon so she can work with him on taking a bottle and I can once again practice leaving him.  I've got six weeks of maternity leave left.  I spoke with a Lactation Consultant about our bottle troubles and she didn't seem overly concerned.  She said babies generally eat less when they are away from their mama and they'll make up for it later.  I suppose that made me feel better, but really I just hope Sage will take a bottle.  I want him to be happy and well fed while I'm at work.


I bought Sage a new hat yesterday because he definitely needs one in this snowy weather!  I wish I had one of my own because it's so cute.

Lastly, but not least, we bought a treadmill from Nordic Track!  We saw that Sears was going to have Black Friday deals on Nordic Track treadmills, but my husband called them directly and they were willing to give us a comparable deal.  It should be here within two weeks.  I'm SO excited.  I don't think I've ever been so excited about getting on a treadmill before.  I just want to run and sweat, and starting training for my half marathon.  If you missed it, here's my plan.  Clearly I'm a bit behind, but oh well.  I really can't wait to get running...

How's your week?  

No comments:

Post a Comment