Wednesday, December 17, 2014

A Sweaty Run + Thoughts on Food Delivery Service

Hi there!

Well, I won't say Monday night was restful; however, baby boy did let me sleep in until 7:30AM on Tuesday morning, which is by far the latest I have slept in since before he was around.  I woke up feeling slightly energized and decided to run!  But first, I made a shake to start the day right - 1/3 cup leftover Starbucks Americano + oats + PlantFusion protein powder + vanilla almond milk + ice.  YUM!  Thirty minutes later it was time to run.  


Sage played on his activity mat and I ran two sweaty miles.  It rocked.  Have I mentioned how awesome it is having a treadmill in my basement?  Thank you, Santa Claus. 

Post run!

Since I was already disgusting, while Sage took his nap, I did some house cleaning and before I knew it, it was lunch time.  A wrap was calling my name because those Gardein crispy tenders are just so tasty.


 I receive a subscription to Parents magazine, although, I'm not really sure how because I never signed up, but regardless, I was pleasantly surprised because there was a coupon for $40 off a food box from Hello Fresh inside.  I ordered the veggie box which is supposed to contain three meals worth of ingredients that feed two people and recipes included.  I only paid $19 which I think is a really good deal if it really does turn out to be six solid meals, but I don't like the idea of paying the full price of $59/week.  That seems a bit pricey.  My box is supposed to arrive in another week and I will definitely report back on my thoughts.


I do love the convenience factor here.  Especially since I go back to work in less than two weeks (OMG!).  Being home on maternity leave the last four months has given me the beautiful opportunity to cook lots of meals and try out many new recipes, but it's going to be a different story once I'm back at work.  Healthy and convenient meals are where it's at.  I did a Google search on "organic food delivery service" and turns out there is a lot out there!  For example, this site.  I'm going to want to come home from work and spend as much time with baby Sage as possible before his bedtime, so I'm certainly not going to want to be spending hours in the kitchen.  Maybe there is something to this food delivery?  We shall see...

What are your thoughts on a food delivery service?  

Have you heard of Hello Fresh?

No comments:

Post a Comment