Saturday, May 2, 2015

A 2 Mile Start and then Pancakes

Hello!

Sage is currently babbling away in his crib, rolling around, not wanting to nap, so I figured it was an ideal time to do a post.  I posted this the other day and then of course it motivated me to get in a run.  


This gorgeous Saturday morning Sage and I took off on the road.  My first run with the jogger and boy was it a workout, but so much fun!  My arms are going to get strong running this way.  We have a treadmill in the basement and I'd like to do some treadmill running along with jogger running.  That's the plan (but really I'm not making any plans).  I did two tough miles this morning.  I'd say that's a good start.  I felt so happy to be running again.


Before heading out the door for the run, I drank a glass of water and ate a scoop of peanut butter.  My cliff gels were expired, but I wanted a little fuel.  When we got back from the run, it was pancake time.  Of course I discovered there was no maple syrup after I had made the batter.  No problem!  I added chocolate chips and smothered the pancakes in earth balance and I was good to go.  I used this recipe and added a tablespoon of chia seeds and ground flax.  Super tasty!  Sage played and I ate.  

Side note:  Sage has just fallen asleep as I continue to write this post.  I knew he was tired!  Oh sweet boy...


 We are currently in the process of making the outside of our home look nicer.  We have a really wet yard.  Yeah, fun stuff with two dogs.  We just had six trees taken down (they were dead) and now we need to grow grass and level out the yard so it doesn't look like we are surrounded by a lake when it rains.  You don't realize these things when you buy a house in the dead of winter.  My husband is meeting with the company to talk about the plan this morning.

I need a shower and I'm considering getting my hair chopped off to chin length.  I've been wearing it in a ponytail everyday at work anyways.  Maybe a fresh cut is in order.  We'll see.

With running comes more posts on the horizon because I enjoy tracking my runs and it keeps me accountable.  Plus, I love hearing from you!  I'd really like to do a race in 2015 - half marathon or marathon, I haven't decided yet.  I've only run two miles, but it only takes two miles to get me jazzed up about training.  I had signed up for a March half that never happened because, well, that's life, so maybe a fall race?  Then I could do lots of summer running!

What are you up to this weekend?

What's new in your world?

Any race plans?

2 comments:

  1. So good to stop by your neck of the blog world!!! Glad to see you are running :) with the little one...so happy the weather is warming up and we are getting out more too!!! I am doing the COLOR RAD race here in September and can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pancakes sound delicious! And I live hire Sage is smiling watching you in that pic :)

    ReplyDelete