Thursday, February 14, 2013

Let's Talk About Love

Happy Valentine's Day!
 
What I love and have always really treasured about this day is that it is all about telling and showing the people in our lives some love and gratitude.  Yes, this day may be totally, crazy, obscenely commercialized with all the flowers, chocolates, hearts, pink & red everything, but...

there's a reason for it.  And that reason is that it’s a day to share the love.  I do not think it’s a day just for couples.  It’s a day for each of us to appreciate our family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, pets, and everyone else important in our lives, and to make sure that they know we love them or at the very least that they are important to us.

I think the best we can do is take this day as an opportunity to tell someone that we love them.  Maybe it's your mother, boyfriend, best friend, grandma, dog, son...we all need love today
 
And make sure that you tell yourself that you love YOU too

Sometimes we forget how amazing we are as individuals and all the little things we do each and every day.  I  also like to think of this day as an opportunity to be extra kind to myself. Not wake up then rush around like a maniac, but getting up a few minutes earlier and having a nice breakfast with a cup of coffee while sitting at the kitchen table with my husband. Ill take more time on my walk with my dog and appreciate being outdoors before going to work. Im bringing in vegan cupcakes for my coworkers.

I love my Dad's smile in this picture

I'm truly grateful for all the love I feel on this special day.  Six months ago I married my best friend and the love of my life.  This is our first Valentine's Day together as husband and wife.  Tonight we'll be going out to a restaurant nearby that offers vegan and gluten free meals and then have some vegan cupcakes at home.  
 
To all my family & friends...Happy Valentine's Day!  I'm thinking of you.
 
And to anyone who takes the time to read my posts each day, thank you so much because I am so appreciative!

I hope you all have a wonderful Valentine's Day.  You deserve it.  Share some love with the people around you!

What are your plans for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment