Friday, February 15, 2013

Muffins, please.

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Muffins...oh yum.
I recently found the original recipe for these muffins at "how sweet it is" website.  The author, Jessica, has a great website!  I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it vegan and add my own special touches. 

The Ingredients:
makes 12 muffins
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (I add a little extra cinnamon - 3/4 tsp)
1/3 cup brown sugar (I like to limit the sugar to 1/4 cup)
1 tbs flaxseed plus 2 tbs water (instead of an egg)
1/4 cup butter, at room temperature (I used earth balance butter)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup milk (I used soy milk)
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 walnuts (nice addition!)

The Recipe

I like to make a batch of these muffins at the beginning of the week.  They last about 5 days in our house.  They are crazy delicious and a nice midmorning or midafternoon snack. 
On that note - TGIF!  I'm looking forward to a three day weekend and visiting with family & friends!   
What's your favorite snack?
What are your plans for the weekend?
Have a fantastic Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment