Wednesday, August 27, 2014

A Typical Day with Sage

Hi there!

How's your week?  I'm sitting in my family room right now with all the windows open and there is a breeze coming through.  It feels absolutely wonderful.  Makes me think of fall which is kind of just around the corner.  Or maybe it's the fact that I pulled out my Vegan Pie in the Sky cookbook that has me thinking about fall because I totally associate pie with autumn.  

Sage has just fallen asleep on my chest, but he was being a little feisty so we'll see if he stays sleeping.


I got way too excited about dressing him in this outfit.  It's so cute that it makes me want a pair of overalls that are my size.  I used to rock overalls in middle school.  Are they back in style?

I thought I'd do a post on what my day is like.  No day is identical but they all are similar.  I never did typical day posts when I was at the office working each day, but being on maternity leave now my days are drastically different.  And baby Sage is the life of the party.  

My day started around 6ish when I awoke to Sage being fussy.  He was ready to be changed and EAT!  He slept last night from 2AM to 6AM.  That is incredible.  I needed that chunk of sleep so bad considering I had been up since 6AM the day before.  I consider a four hour window of sleep nothing short of amazing.  Last night was the very first time that he has slept that long.


We said good morning to daddy while he got ready for work, got a clean diaper (LOVING bum genius cloth diapers), Sage ate, I got myself a bowl of cereal, got a load of diapers going in the wash, and hung out for the next hour before Sage fell asleep again.

Sometimes Sage is totally chill and he just sits in my arms and we look at each other and I talk to him, other times he's fussy and it's me trying everything in my power to get him to relax.  A lot of times I walk around the house with him in my arms because the movement is soothing to him, and that is exactly what we did this morning.  

The painter arrived at 9AM  to finish the repair on our house.  The dogs went nuts barking.  Thank goodness they don't wake Sage up and he usually is completely unbothered by their barking.


Sage slept until 10:30AM giving me time to order pictures from Walgreens and work on my blog.  I've updated the Love and Baby tabs at the top on my site.

Sage woke himself up and we did our cycle again, which is change diaper, breastfeed, and then play (or Sage falls asleep while feeding).  Here's what my feeding times have been today:

1:24AM
6:23
7:24 
10:33
11:25
1:46PM
2:56

And right now it's 3:30PM and he's still asleep in my arms.  I am one lucky mama.  The dogs are passed out by my side as well.  Hmmm...maybe I should take a nap too?

I sneak in food whenever I get a free hand!  Today's lunch was a salad with a large helping of whole wheat spaghetti in marinara sauce.  Then a glass of Silk chocolate almond milk.  And then an hour or so later a cup of So Delicious coconut milk yogurt with banana, pumpkin seeds, peanuts, almonds, dates, and dried apple mixed in.  It's my new favorite snack.


That's what life looks like for me right now.  It revolves around baby Sage and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. That snack looks AMAZING :) keep up the good work mama - I know some days are hard but you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete