Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Autumn Bucket List

Howdy! 

That sinus infection or cold or whatever it was really took me out.  I felt bad for a solid week and I am just starting to feel like me again.  Today Sage and I got back out there on our morning walk, and Jax joined us for the first time!  Jax was out of his mind excited and it made me so ridiculously happy to have him with us.  It was easier than I thought it would be to manage dog and stroller.  Poor Lincoln (our yellow lab) had to stay at home, but we'll throw the ball with him later.  I definitely could not manage two dogs and a stroller.



I'm back at the house now and Sage is asleep. We have to leave for my six week postpartum checkup in an hour.  I'm wondering how this outing is going to go with baby boy... I'm preparing myself by loading up on some ice cream.

[Update:  Sage fell asleep on the way to the appointment and slept the entire time.  Woohoo!]


It just so happens that my maternity leave falls during my favorite time of year.  I love everything about autumn (except my seasonal allergies that have been giving me grief) and I want to make the most of it.  

Here are a few things that I want to do this fall:

Make at least two new recipes a week

Walk with Sage as much as possible

Run twice a week, if not more

Go through my wardrobe and clean out clothes I do not wear anymore

I already tackled part of my first goal by making a new recipe last night - Barley Casserole from The Kind Diet.  It's described as a total hippie dish and I loved it.  It kind of tastes like stuffing.  It's covered in a tahini sauce. Lots of leftovers so I've got lunch set all week.


I'll keep you posted how my bucket list is going.  Also, I must mention that Sage turned six weeks old yesterday!  He was such a good boy posing for his mama.


Anything in particular you want to do this fall?

2 comments:

  1. Wait, did you say Sage is aleady 6 weeks old? I swear you just announced his birth the other day. Oh how quickly time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't even believe it's been 6 weeks! Where did the time go?? Anyhoo, I nominated you for a Liebster! I know you're busy these days so no worries if you don't get around to it. I at least wanted to acknowledge ya! http://www.housevegan.com/2014/09/liebster-award-part-2.html

    ReplyDelete