Sunday, September 7, 2014

Five Things I'm Loving

Hi there!

How's your weekend going? Sage and I just got back from our morning power walk.  Well, baby boy slept and I got my walk on.  Beautiful morning out there.  I love that there was a slight chill in the air.  The neighborhoods were still so quiet.  Nice and peaceful.  Also, Sage slept like a champ last night from 1AM to 6AM so I was actually feeling rather energetic this morning.  Thank you baby boy!  Onto things I'm loving lately...


1. Cuddling with my baby boy.  We are working on putting Sage down in his Rock n' Play more to sleep so that he won't only sleep in our arms, but I cherish these cuddling moments.  He's such a sweetheart.  He loves sleeping on his daddy too.  Most evenings after dinner he naps in my husband's arms while I take a nap too so I have some energy for the night.

2.  Morning walks.  I've started morning power walking with Sage in his jogger.  I know I mentioned this before, but I really look forward to these walks now.  I'm on a roll going three days in a row.  It's great for me to get out of the house and moving.  


3.  Eating organic.  Along with getting some exercise, I've really been focusing on clean eating.  Yesterday I grocery shopped while my husband and Sage hung out at the house together.  I really like to grocery shop, probably because I love to eat good food!  Have you seen the documentary GMO OMG yet?  It further opened my eyes to all the chemicals in food and I've been trying to eat mainly organic.  Yes, it's more expensive, but in my opinion it's worth it. 


Also, with breastfeeding it provides me more peace of mind if I'm eating as clean as possible.  


4. Planning dinners.  I made a point to meal plan this week, and yesterday I made two new recipes: Red Lentil Coconut Soup and Curried Peanut Sauce Bowl.  The soup was a little spicy for my taste but still delicious.  The  Curried Peanut Sauce Bowl (from Isa Does It - GREAT cookbook!) was amazing.  It is definitely going on the menu weekly from now on.  I think I could just dump that sauce on everything.



5. Family time.  And last, but certainly not least, I'm loving time with family.  My husband had a busy week at work last week with the school year starting up again so having the weekend together has been wonderful.  Also, my aunt and uncle visited yesterday and got to meet baby boy.  My mother-in-law is visiting today and then midweek my brother and mom are coming to visit.  Yay for family visits! 


What are some things that you're loving lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment