Monday, September 8, 2014

Three Miles / One Month Postpartum / Running Chat

Hi there!


This morning Sage and I went on a three mile power walk.  Yay!  That's the longest I've done in ages.  We're talking like a year ago.  I didn't plan on not running during pregnancy, but I found out I was pregnant just after Thanksgiving, and then I felt not so great the first trimester, and then the weather turned to snow, and by the time the weather was nice again I was in my third trimester and it didn't seem smart to start running then.  It's been a long time since I've covered some distance and man did it feel fantastic.  Total bonus is that Sage slept the whole time.  


Have I mentioned how much I love this time of year?  I'm not really a summer girl.  I enjoy the sunshine, but I don't dig humidity, and running in 50 to 60 degree weather is so much more enjoyable to me.  I even love 40 degree weather when fall really starts coming around.  Heck I'll run in the dead of winter if the snow doesn't make it impossible.  

I'm in the market for a treadmill this year though.  We own an elliptical and it's definitely a good workout, but it doesn't get my adrenaline pumping the way a good treadmill session does.  I need to checkout craigslist or maybe for Christmas we'll buy a new one if we can find a good deal.  Any treadmill brand suggestions, please let me know!  I'm just looking for something basic.  If it folds up, that would be even better.  I'm also looking to buy a new pair of sneakers this week.  I have been running in Nike Lunarglide +3 sneakers for the past few years.  I did all my marathon training in 2013 in them but I think I might want a change.  Maybe.  I'm going to go to Fleet Feet and get some suggestions for a fresh sneaker start.  What are you running in right now?


 Sage is one month old today!  I'll have a post of that coming later this week.  That means I am officially one month postpartum.  Yesterday we went out into the world for the first time as a family with baby Sage (aside from doctor's appointment at two weeks).  We went to Barnes & Noble since it's one of my husband and my favorite places to hangout.  Later in the day we went to Chipotle with my mother-in-law.  Another one of our favorite places.  Sage doesn't know how much we love Chipotle yet, but hopefully he too will love burritos and guacamole!


My body is bouncing back better than I could have expected.  I definitely am not my pre-pregnancy size yet, but I didn't expect to be.  I'd guess I'm 5-10 pounds heavier, but I really don't know.  We don't own a scale and that's not how I like to judge my health anyways.  My midsection is where things have changed.  Just a little softer on the front and sides.  I need to do core workouts and hopefully walking and running will help tone.  All in good time.  My focus is just eating healthy, getting some exercise, and resting (when possible). 

Any suggestions on a treadmill or new sneakers, please let me know!  

Are you a Chipotle fan?

1 comment:

  1. I got my treadmill off of Craigslist, but I'd only really recommend that if you're not going to log a lot of miles on it. People tend to round way down when they say just how used something is and treadmills are typically only good for so many miles -- I guess someone could tell by looking at me that mine hasn't had a lot of use lol The best time to get one on Craigslist is around February; a lot of people will buy new ones as part of New Year's Resolutions and then sell them when they realize they're not actually using it.

    ReplyDelete