Thursday, October 23, 2014

Autumn is Flying By & Future Goals

Hey!

Being home with Sage right now is the best, but the week just flies by.  I take about a million pictures of baby boy each week.  I could never keep up with creating albums at the rate I'm going.  Blogging is such a nice way to hold onto the memories.  This weekend we are traveling to see family for a pumpkin carving party and to visit.  It's been at least a month since we made the trip and I'm looking forward to it.  Sage has grown and changed so much in the short time.  


Also, I tried on a pair of jeans that I still didn't think would fit and to my very happy surprise, they do! That means I can officially fit into my clothes again.  I seriously thank my plant-based diet for that (and I'm sure breastfeeding helps!).  I have not been counting calories, just eating whole foods and hardly anything processed.  I still eat dessert, but there's a big difference between this dessert (OMG INCREDIBLE!) and a sleeve of Oreos.  Make sense? 



I truly think sticking to whole foods helped me get back to my old body quickly.  I'm sharing this only because I so believe in the POWER of food!


Moving on...have I mentioned my love for tea?  Yes, I'm totally still a coffee person, but I gave up coffee with pregnancy and now with breastfeeding, so tea and I are BFF now.  I got this new flavor this week and it rocks.


Sage amazes me everyday.  He just grabbed at the monkey.  He inspires me to be my healthiest me.  I want to be a great role model for him and I want him to grow up knowing how fantastic healthy eating can make him feel so he can run and play and do all the things he strives to do.


Side note:  This little guy LOVES blankets.  I put a blanket on him and he lights up.  It's so cute.  I think it's the softness, it's just comforting.

So lately I've been thinking about my future goals.  Not necessarily this year (or even next), but goals that I want to accomplish.


*Attend Main Street Vegan Academy and become a Vegan Lifestyle Coach and Educator as well

*Run another marathon (and a half, and maybe that 50 miler I still think about)

Like I said, no timeframe on these items, but it's nice to put them out there.

What's a goal of yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment