Saturday, November 29, 2014

31 Foods in My Kitchen

Hi!

I actually did my hair for a dinner we had on Wednesday, so I got a picture with my sweet baby boy.  Normally he's all dressed up and I'm in sweats.  I swear I put socks on his feet, but they never stay on!  I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We traveled to visit family and had two delicious meals, one for lunch and the other for dinner; therefore, I was definitely stuffed.  


On that note, let's talk food.  With the arrival of snow, I like to make sure my kitchen is always stocked with food because I hate having to go out on a snowy, freezing day because the refrigerator is empty.  I'd much prefer to stay cozy at home with my family, drink tea, read, cook (and run because soon our treadmill will be arriving!!!).  Here are 31 foods you can almost always find in my kitchen.   Ironically my refrigerator is close to empty right now though and we really need to get to the store!  I chose 31 foods simply because I listed every food item I could think of that I always want around and that's when my brain stopped.  They are all vegan.  Having these items around makes putting a healthy meal together simple.

In no particular order...

1. Almond Milk and/or Soy Milk
2. Chia Seeds
3. Spinach 
4. Kale 
5. Oats 
6. Peanut Butter and/or Almond Butter
7. Tofu
8. Tempeh 
9. Sprouted Wheat Bread
10. Broccoli 
11. Avocados 
12. Brown Rice 
13. Whole Wheat Flour
14. Chocolate Chips 
15. Nuts (one or more of: almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans)
16. Bananas
17. Black Beans 
18. Whole Wheat Pasta 
19. Marinara Sauce
20. Faux Chicken Patties 
21. Garlic
22. Onion 
23. Tomato 
24. Nature's Path Cereal 
25. Flax (ground)
26. Udon Noodles
27. Vegenaise 
28. So Delicious Ice Cream
29. Squash and/or yams
30. Apples
31. Tofutti Cream Cheese

If you need a grocery list, that's actually a pretty good start!  And check out these cookbooks if you need a little more assistance in the meal preparation part (like I did!).

What are a few items always in your kitchen?

Do we have any of the same?

1 comment:

  1. I need to get better about keeping my kitchen well stocked... I always have about a million pounds of pasta (which we rarely cook!), a bottle of ketchup, and basically nothing else. Maybe some flax in the freezer and nutritional yeast in the cheese drawer!

    ReplyDelete