Friday, May 22, 2015

My Day Off

Hello!

It's Friday and I'm off from work and it's awesome.  Sage's sitter is on vacation today so I took off from work to be with my boy.  Having Friday off is just great and I think we should all get together and change the workweek to be just Monday through Thursday.  Agreed?

Because I have the day off, I took the time to make Sage a homemade breakfast of blueberry oatmeal.  I'm really trying to do more of his food homemade now rather than the jars we were buying.  Sage just loves those organic Beech Nut jars though.  He's hooked and now I'm trying to get him hooked on real food.  He did love the oatmeal I made this morning though.  I cooked Bob's Red Mill gluten-free quick oats and then blended the cooked oats with organic blueberries, tsp. of brown rice syrup, and a splash of breast milk.  Yum!


Sage and I started out the morning by grocery shopping at 8AM.  Wegmans on a Friday at this time is pretty fantastic because there's not many people there.  Sage and I just strolled through the store.  No rush...


Sage decided he didn't want to take a morning nap so we went on a walk in our neighborhood instead (I was hoping he would fall asleep on this walk, but he didn't...).  

We went to the playground...


And visited the lake...


It was lunch time when we got home so again I wanted to make something homemade.  This time it was peas and quinoa.  Sage liked the fresh peas, but the quinoa wasn't a hit.  I think it's the texture that bugs him, but he did play with it on his highchair tray for a good 15 minutes.  After lunch, baby boy got sleepy and I just put him down for a nap.  Sounds good, right?  Nope, because we have his 9 month checkup at the doctor in 25 minutes.  Oh silly boy, this is not nap time.

So I'm just eating a bowl of quinoa with vegan parmesan and olive oil and sipping on my organic energy drink (thanks to the arrival of my Vegan Cuts box) and I have to go wake up Sage in approximately 5 minutes.  

What are you up to this weekend?  I hope you get a long weekend too!

No comments:

Post a Comment