Saturday, May 30, 2015

Three Mile Run + Farmers Market

Hello!

I'm getting into a sort of rhythm with this weekend posting.  It just happens to be the only time I'm really free to post.  Sage is napping after our busy morning.

Sage slept 8pm-5:45am last night which is incredible.  Sage is a wonderful baby, but up until this month sleep has not been great.  When I went back to work when Sage was 4 1/2 months old he was still getting up all night long.  I wondered how I'd ever get through the day.  You just make it happen though.  I've learned that sleep is not a necessity, but a luxury.  Well, yeah a certain amount of sleep is necessary, but I learned I can actually get by on a lot less than I thought.  New mama lesson #1.  Anyways, I felt so well rested when I woke up that I knew a run was in order.


I'm proud of that run because it was faster and I was pushing Sage in the jogger.  I passed a guy on the street who was running and keeping a great pace and he yelled to me "nice work!".  I would have responded if I had the breath to speak, so I waved and smiled instead.  I love passing other friendly runners early in the morning.  

When I got back from running my husband was all ready to go to the Farmers Market, so I quick showered and off we went (to Starbucks first).


Today at the market we got kale, tomatoes, green onion, potatoes and squash.  I will be eating kale salads all week because we got A LOT.  Like the whole top shelf of the refrigerator is kale.  Couldn't go wrong for $6!

Babies R Us is right by the market so we made a stop to pick up some essentials.  Daddy & Sage had fun in the parking lot too.


When we got home, my husband went to our community garden and Sage and I dug into lunch.  Peas/brown rice for Sage and a tempeh BLT for mama.  I'm pretty much obsessed with tempeh lately.  


That just about sums up the morning.  I just love Saturday.

Hope you have a fantastic one!

What's your favorite thing to do on Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment