Sunday, May 17, 2015

Running Buddy + Half Marathon

Hi there!

My husband just left to work at our community garden and Sage went down for a nap; therefore, time for me to get a post up!  This morning Sage got up at 5AM which is awesome because he went to bed at 8PM, meaning he slept all night.  This is a BIG deal.  To all the mamas out there who think a full night of sleep will never happen, it will.  My baby boy is 9 months old and this was the first time.  I'm so proud of him.  Of course I still woke up at 2AM and starred at the monitor then promptly tried to get back to sleep.

After Sage had his breakfast, we took off for my run.  I ran 2 miles on the treadmill on Saturday and had no plans for today, but we ended up going 2.5 miles.  I felt stronger too.  Running with Sage in the jogger is work, but it is a blast.  He's officially been promoted to my new running buddy.  Jax, my pup, will be jealous, but I'll make sure he still gets out there too.  


Here’s the deal:  I’m kind of-sort of-maybe-definitely training for a fall race.  My brain has made the decision that I am and now my body just needs to listen to my brain.  Easier said than done.  I can’t decide it I should be getting up at 5AM and trying to run, but sometimes Sage is already awake and that’s not an option, or if I should run when he goes to bed around 8PM, but then my hubby and I just want to hangout, relax, and catch up on our shows.  Big dilemma, right?  In the distant past I’ve run just once during the workweek and twice over the weekend.  I think that sounds like the way to go right now.   I ran both days this weekend, so if I get in a midweek run that will be perfect.  
There's a half marathon by me in October.  Of course there's the marathon too, but I think aiming for a half is smarter right now.  That gives me 22 weeks.  That's a lot of time to train for a half so there's not much pressure and I plan to just get out there.  I figure if I do something like add an extra mile every other weekend I'll be golden.  I don't think I'm going to make any formal training plan this time around.

I run because it makes me feel so darn good.  I’m not saying I always feel great while running (definitely not!) but I love the post run high and feeling of accomplishment.  It’s freaking amazing.

Well I better go do something productive while Sage naps and then we are going visit my hubby at the garden.  We've got to go to Target today too (and definitely the Starbucks in Target, woowoo!) and then get out there for another walk because it's a gorgeous one.

Also, I'm thinking of chopping my hair off like this...

Thoughts?


Hope you have a nice day!

How's your weekend?

1 comment: