Monday, July 13, 2015

Walking, Running & a Molar

Hey hey hey!

I want to get back into blogging regularly.  I do a really good job of keeping you up-to-date on Instagram, but have been majorly dropping the ball in this little space.  Sometimes I wonder what I talked about everyday when I used to post daily, but I suppose I was running more back then and talked about that a lot, and then of course there was always the food chatter.  I think this week I'll just talk about life which will include both running and food, but also just the day-to-day stuff.

Currently, I'm watching my baby boy on the monitor as he fights going to sleep.  Some nights he falls asleep instantly and others it takes a bit longer.  Sage is wrestling his little lovey blanket.  I can understand sleep being tough because he's got BIG things going on.  For starters, today we realized a molar is coming in.  Sage has just been a bit cranky and needy the last 24 hours - out of the norm type stuff, so this teething makes perfect sense.  And tonight, for the very first time, he walked back and forth multiple times between my husband and I.  This is just mind blowing.  My baby is walking?!  He was really proud of himself too which is just so darn cute.


I hope you can't tell what a mess my house is from the picture.  We try our very best to keep it clean, but sometimes it just seems impossible.  There's just baby stuff everywhere.  I cleaned our island yesterday and it already looks like a bomb of paperwork went off.  I don't know how it happens.  Tell me you can relate.  I imagine that everybody else's house is perfectly spotless and wonder how they do it.  Don't sweat the small stuff, right?

I got in a solid run over the weekend.  Four miles covered and I got faster each mile.  The last two miles felt a lot better than the first two and that's the only reason I kept going.  It's funny how sometimes those first few miles feel just horrible.  I still have thoughts of a fall half marathon, but I'm taking it one run at a time.  Planning to get back out there tomorrow, but I don't really plan runs these days like I used to.  Running has became all about going with the flow of life (when I get the time, energy, drive, motivation) and running for the pure joy of it.  But I really am enjoying running right now. 

  
 Ok, well it's almost 8 o'clock.  I've got to make my lunch for tomorrow and shower, and then most importantly watch True Detective with my husband.  I can't seem to stay awake long enough to ever watch the full episode so I only half know what's going on.

Hope you have a great night!

What's new in your world?

Do you like when I ramble about life?
 

1 comment:

  1. Totally run when I get time and energy now. It's funny how much it changes after having a child. I really do wish I had a treadmill because it would make it A LOT easier. Maybe some day! Hope that molar pushes through quickly for him. Those were tough times for sure!!

    ReplyDelete