Thursday, October 15, 2015

Fall Life Happenings

Hi!


How are you?!  We are well into the fall season and this is my absolute favorite time of year.  I am a fall weather loving kind of woman.  It’s like autumn hits and I suddenly feel more at peace.  I love jeans, sweaters, boots, pumpkin everything, apples galore, colorful leaves, rainy days, comfort food… I wish October was double the length.  We’ve been doing a lot of fall things lately.  Last weekend we went to an apple festival by us not only for the beautiful scenic drive but for entertainment for Sage.  He loved watched the kids on the fair rides.  We all enjoyed an apple fritter (or two).  We also got in a nice walk along the paths in our neighborhood.  During the summer it wasn’t all that fun being on the paths because the bugs were really bad, but now that they are gone it is so much more enjoyable and everything looks so pretty.  Just typing about it makes me want to get out there now!


 The days fly by.  Between working full-time and then working (which is really not work to me) on getting my business as a Health Coach off the ground, life is busy.  When I get home from work at night, I put down my phone and devote my attention to Sage and my husband.  We do dinner and playtime, then its bath and bed for Sage.  Many nights I’ve been bringing Sage in our lower level with me after dinner so I can get in a PiYo workout.  All the good TV shows are back so my husband and I watch a show on our iPad before bed.  My favorites right now are Scandal and Big Bang Theory, but I also really like Modern Family and Homeland.  The two hours after Sage goes to bed is time to decompress and take care of everything else that needs to get done.  Sometimes I work on Health Coach stuff and sometimes not.  Depends where my brain is by that time of night.

Anyways, I want to talk to you about a few things.  Some of it involves an opportunity for you and some of it is goal stuff for me and I’d love your thoughts.

*For starters, I’ve got another accountability group starting up November 1st!  If you’re looking for support and motivation to exercise and eat better, this is a wonderful opportunity for you.  I’m really excited about this one because it will finish up just as Thanksgiving hits.  21 Day Fix here we come!  This program focuses on eating whole foods and portion control.   No calorie counting which is what I love.  The workouts are 30 minutes daily all in the comfort of your home.  You make it work in your schedule.  All of us will be a part of a private Facebook group where you’ll get support and tips from myself, another coach friend of mine, and the other participants.  This program has been a huge hit because of its effectiveness.  Just think where you could be in 21 days.  Let me know if this interests you.  I’d love to have you in my challenge group!

*I’ve been thinking about something a lot lately.  It came out of nowhere really and it’s not something I’ve ever considered before, but I’ve been contemplating it and I get really happy when I think about it.  I want to become a certified PiYo instructor.  I’m not incredible at PiYo and I just recently fell in love with it, but that’s just it.  I love it and how it makes me feel.  I started thinking how fantastic it would be to help others feel as good as I do from PiYo.  Now I am not a good public speaker and I get anxiety, and I actually do not like being in front of a crowd, but I really want to do this.  For some reason I can imagine doing this and I think I could break out of my shell  in the process.  I’m currently participating in a 60 Day PiYo Challenge and I’m loving it.  It keeps me accountable and I’m getting better with every workout.  It’s such a change from running and I could see doing this for a very long time.  What do you think?


 *Lastly, I wanted to share my experience thus far with Shakeology.  I didn’t want to tell you guys too much until I had really dived in.  Well, I’ve been drinking Shakeology for breakfast for the last 7 weeks almost every day.  I’ve probably missed like 5 days total because on the weekends I sometimes make something else for breakfast (like pancakes!) but I’ll often have a shake later in the day.  I told you guys I would be completely honest with my results and so I’m here to do just that.  I love it!  Over the years I have used a lot of different protein powders including Sun Warrior, Vegan Smart, Plant Fusion, generic Soy Protein Powder, generic Brown Rice protein powder, etc.  There were things I liked about these and things I didn’t.  I LOVE the Chocolate vegan flavor of Shakeology.  I’m hooked.  I rely on it to keep me going each workday and to start my day feeling really good, and I do!  I feel energized and ready to conquer the day.  As you’ve noticed, life is busy and I care a lot about what I put in my body.  This punch of nutrition makes me happy each morning.  I love that I’m getting protein, but so many other things.  Amino acids, antioxidants, phytonutrients, adaptogens, prebiotics, digestive enzymes...  This stuff has boosted my immune system, protects my body against stress, helps my intestinal health, among other things.  I have noticed this change and I’m thankful for it.  Full disclosure here, my friends.  I’m hooked.


 Tell me something going on in your life!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big Sage is! My goodness. A word on being an instructor with anxiety: I started teaching swing dancing when I was 16. Before my teaching gig I was shy to the point of suffering. In fact, calling myself shy isn't even accurate. I was diagnosed with social anxiety disorder, and my parents actually removed me from school to homeschool me because I was so sick around other people. Yet for some reason I thought a partner dance would be fun, and then (for some reason) I thought teaching grown ups how to do that dance would also be fun. Finding this thing that I loved brought me out of my sick little shell because it was either that or I couldn't do the thing that I loved. When you're doing something that you're trained in AND you're passionate about you'll find the confidence. Jitters will happen, but not to the point of anxiety. Once you see the trust that others have in you it will help calm your nerves and support your passion. Go for it, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hannah, thank you so much for sharing this!!! It's so nice to hear your story of how teaching helped you come out of your shell. I'll totally keep you posted once I'm actually out there doing it. And swing dancing, that sounds like so much fun! Go you! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your night sounds similar to mine. When Claire goes down, I use that time, however long, to decompress and be with my husband. Lately we have been reading in bed together. So old married couple but I don't care!

    I think you would make an awesome PiYo instructor. I would love to take a live class someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Let me know when you take a live class! :)

      Delete