Monday, March 14, 2016

Life Lately: Family, Food & Relaxation

Hey hey!


I took a break from a posting an update last week.  The basis of my 22 week update would have been that I’m really starting to feel pregnant.  By that I mean that I started to notice last week that I needed to slow down a bit.  Between working full-time and trying to keep things afloat at home, I needed to take a step back.  Sometimes I get home from work and there are several things I feel like I should accomplish (laundry, dishes, cleaning…that sort of stuff) but really the most important thing was just to enjoy quality time with my family and get solid sleep.  That’s really what I needed.  My husband and I did some house maintenance chores over the weekend and things were really in pretty good order come Monday morning.



Several times last week my husband played outside with Sage for a bit after work while I made dinner.  Those thirty minutes are a nice time for me to decompress from the workday and I feel really good about making a healthy happy meal for my family.  Nothing too fancy.  One night was just veggie burgers and fries, but it’s still something.  We all eat dinner together and then we played with Sage until his bedtime.  A lot of last week I sat on the floor after dinner and Sage brought me books and we read together.  He’s loving his new alphabet book and those moments are so precious.  So often we’re always on the go and it’s important to take in the moment.


The weekend was wonderful.  My mother-in-law visited on Saturday and we got to enjoy the fresh air because of the nice weather.  We all went out to dinner and Sage inhaled his quesadilla and guacamole.  On Sunday morning, my husband and I brought Sage to toddler gym which is always a blast.  It was the first class that Sage really enjoyed participating in circle time.  Most of the class is free-play, but there is circle time at the beginning and end when the kids sing a song and do stretches.  In the past classes Sage has had no interest in this and just wanted to climb into the ball pit, play with a ball or go down the slide.  Yesterday he was participating by pointing to his ears, eyes, etc. when the teacher asked and joined in the song.  It’s only been five classes, but it’s amazing watching him progress!

Sage took a long nap in the afternoon and I rested as well.  My husband worked on his lesson plans for the week with his students.  Jax, our dog, joined me on the couch.  At night we took a nice stroll (it’s truly a stroll with a 19 month old).  Getting out of bed was certainly tough this morning with the time change.  I woke up thinking it was still the weekend.  The rainy weather didn’t help, but Mr. Sage had a big smile on his face and I was so grateful for that.  I brought a massive salad that I’m super pumped about for lunch today.  I’m just trying to be really kind to my body.


So, to sum up this post, the last week has been about taking it easy (or just a bit easier).  Relaxation, healthy food, quality time with my family, and sleep!

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend!

What’s new with you?

2 comments:

  1. It's hard to want to step back when life just keeps going on! I really disliked that about pregnancy, that it all hit me so hard. But it's hard work! Loving reading about Sage and what he's doing. I can't wait to see those types of behaviors in Claire someday. That toddler class sounds really fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toddler class is so much fun! It's a great outlet for him. We have to take a break from it the next month or so with Sage hurting his arm and I know we will all miss it!

      Delete